What did you do to your Jeep today?

Swapped 4x4 sensor on transfer case. The old one failed.
Rebuilt backup flood lights with new reflective shields and bulbs. Fixed a bad ground on the one. Added some silicone calk to potential leak points. Will be swapping original screws with Stainless or brass.

IMG_0987.JPG

IMG_0991.JPG

IMG_0989.JPG

IMG_1428.JPG

IMG_1427.JPG

Regards,
JPNinPA

Never look down on anybody unless you're helping them up. -Jesse Jackson

Last edited by a moderator:

Thanks. If anyone else has these lights.
I siliconed only the top of the outer housing. The part that holds the lense in. I left the bottom alone for drainage. The lights were taking on water during rain showers just sitting in the driveway. I used thin film of silicone on the gasket to hold it in place. Also a small amount on the outside of grommet cause it seemed loose. I'm guessing the plastic changes shape over time in the sun and form leak points.

Regards,
JPNinPA

Never look down on anybody unless you're helping them up. -Jesse Jackson

Last edited:
Installed a Standard dimmer switch into 'Black Betty' on account that I used the existing dimmer to address a bad Multifunction Switch in my van

Put a third wheel cylinder on my 73 CJ5.
I have one left to replace and then run the lines and bleed them.

I've bled so may brakes that I've gotten pretty good at it. I like to use a piece of aquarium tubing over the bleeder valve, down into a soda bottle. It keeps things from getting messy, and helps prevent air from getting into the lines.

I've bled so may brakes that I've gotten pretty good at it. I like to use a piece of aquarium tubing over the bleeder valve, down into a soda bottle. It keeps things from getting messy, and helps prevent air from getting into the lines.

I used that method.

Now use a pumpI bought from HF. I just have to keep the reservoir full while drawing it through.

Brake Bleeder and Vacuum Pump Kit

Never look down on anyone unless you are helping them up - Jesse Jackson

Last edited:
While I've seen it before I've never understood how a diff cover can rust thru when it's coated with oil. Gear oil does have a distinctive odor.

While I've seen it before I've never understood how a diff cover can rust thru when it's coated with oil. Gear oil does have a distinctive odor.

The oil does not permeate the metal. If it did it would be called….a leak. The oil does not chemically change the metal or its properties. So any pinhole in the exterior paint can lead to rust through. Water does chemically change the metal to a weaker oxidized state. The oxide is hydrophilic so it absorbs moisture leading to more rust or oxidation.

Ive seen rust on the inside due to water getting in. Despite the oil properties as it brakes down it absorbs the water breaking it down more until it reaches the metal. At this point rusting starts.

Never look down on anyone unless you are helping them up - Jesse Jackson

We bought our youngest son an 03 tj right hand drive, just because it looks cool. We hadn't had any jeeps for a long time but our oldest son, who had a 99 xj gave it to my wife when we bought him a Veloster and now our youngest the tj.

Oldest didn't want the xj anymore since he didn't like the gas mileage and was going to Texas a+m still. The Veloster gives him good mileage for his last year at tamu and should last him a bit in the army. The tj will for sure last our youngest for his two years left in the army at fort Carson Colorado.

I can't load any pics for you guys, oddly

OH BOY...what havent I done to it. I replaced the front shocks. Greased the joints. Installed an aftermarket radio. Put in a sound bar. Added a set of LED fog lights. Bought a set of 31" tires. All of this was done between Fri Aug 13 and sun Aug 15

Installed an aftermarket radio. Put in a sound bar.

What did you go with for a stereo? I've been happy with mine, but it's got to be 7 years old. Does have bluetooth though. I've thought about upgrading, but I'm not sure how weatherproof the new ones are.

Looked under the new jeep to see what axle it had. I guess we got lucky because it's a d44

Changed oil in transfer case and engine, Tomorrow grease and check fluids in differential . Maybe pressure wash it, aint had a bath in 5 yrs. contemplate what size new tires I want for a 94 yj stock. thinking of 30X 12.5 . I think they will clear no problem.

My son loves that wrangler we got him. He sent me tons of pics from Colorado and he is with the Colorado jeeps and 4x4 club out doing trails right now.

He said someone is having trouble on some stairs and mini Moab but his is making it without high centering or getting caught up.

Here is pics for you guys

IMG_0642.jpg

IMG_0641.jpg

653683425.jpg

IMG_0652.jpg

Of course his is the silver one in the pics

The other day we replaced the worn out sunroof drain hoses in the WJ for some new heavier clear tubing... now when it rains, I stay dry & the Vehicle Information Center above the rear view mirror doesn't cry either.

Back