What did you do to your Jeep today?

The wrangler is back in Colorado. It made the drive fine in temps below 10 degrees and snowing

New warn winch, can also fit it to the rear. Stored in a handy container in the jeep. Still can not upload pics, even with a new lap top, what's up with that ?

that is weird. do the picture symbols show up, or its blank?

the symbol doesn't show up for me but i know about where it is so i just hover over till till i find it

Its like an entire day of posts went poof.

Its the post poof caper.

Never look down on anyone unless you are helping them up - Jesse Jackson

That's terrrible ! How well I ever be able to post pics if Terry does not have all the technical information I posted. Oh goodness this is terrible.

Had some fun today! 20220202_163119.jpeg20220202_163106.jpeg20220202_163057.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G781U using Jeepz.com mobile app

going to get the tj this weekend. meeting my son in Lubbock or Amarillo and he is taking the Mazda back with him and we are taking the tj home with us. he said he cannot afford to drive it on e3 pay in the winter. i told him that is fine, we will swap back when summer gets here.

plus, i found a two inch lift for cheap because a local guy swapped to a four inch

holy cow. i don't what happened but this jeep is in terrible shape now. its going to take some work to get it back to a nice jeep. something is wrong in the driveline now, bad u-joint or bent drive shaft, i don't know yet. it vibrates from 5 mph up to highway speeds. it was a long long drive from lubbock back to corpus with it vibrating so bad you couldn't use the mirrors. i found that at 72mph it vibrated to least so that is what i drove at to make the 10 hour drive. it got between 13 and 16 mpg depending on using overdrive and if there was a headwind.

Check it all. Tre, ball joints control arm bushings… it was rolled
Check the round ads square of the wheels axel housing straight…

it wasn't vibrating when he took it after christmas though. i drove it all over before he took it and everything was fine. i am going to start easy and work back though. check the u-joints and the driveshafts first. since the transmission cross member has a big bend in it now, maybe he also hit the driveshaft on whatever they were going over.

i tried to look at the wheels to see if they were spinning true and i didn't see any issues but i could only see the back. i think its related to the back though because when we would go through small dips in the road and the back springs would compress a little, the vibes got worse. it made me think of when a lift is put on but the trans and rear diff aren't lined up properly and you need to shim the back and lower the transmission crossmember.

i will start messing with it sometime. i have to move the washer and dryer from the front house to the garage and cap all the lines going to the house because we are knocking it down to put another one up. i imagine it will be slow going on the jeep

I got a warn winch I can use on the front or the back of the jeep. Got a bikini top, got really kick as grip tires. I is ready Baby. Wish I could up load pics from my laptop.

Last edited:
Installed a set of next venture skid plates on my 392. Needed some persuasion and had one wrong part, but not too bad so far. Have to see how bad the squeaks and rattles are.

Sent from my iPad using Jeepz.com mobile app

Turns out it's the ujoint nearest to the e trans output

Got two new 1310 spicer u-joints to put on. But, for some dumb reason I didn't block the wheels when I backed the jeep onto the ramps so when I asked my son to pull the ebrake, since the trans was disconnected, the jeep rolled off the ramps and crushed me under the fuel tank skid plate. I was on my back, kind of leaning left when it started to roll.
so I tried to yank myself out of the way of the diff and was on my left side when the jeep came down and pushed my shoulders together.

The emergency room said unbelievably nothing is broken but since it's a crush injury, tomorrow is going to be really bad, pain wise.

I thought my left collar bone and shoulder snapped because of the horrible noise it made. It sounded like when a dog is chewing chicken bones, that snapping sound. But, luckily nothing broke

So, moral of the story. Put the wheel chocks in place. Don't forget or get complacent and think nothing will happen. This could have been bad with broken shoulder and collar bone probably being the least of the bad things

Thanks. It's getting more sore as I sit so tomorrow should be grand, ha ha ha

Holy !!! You are lucky. ^^ agree^^ glad you are ok ish

Back