What did you do to your Jeep today?

finally put the skid plate drop kit on. it almost completely got rid of the vibration so maybe a washer or two more and it will be completely smooth.

and learned the t-case shift level needs a drop too, or a cable replacement instead of the z linkage. i will try the bracket first and go from there. this was completely disconnected so i think when it rolled, the transmission slid sideways and linkage was knocked out of place. with the skid drop though, its not inline anymore, anyways so.. we shall see how it goes though

Picked up a front bumper for the ol jeep. Pretty decent price and a nice drive through the coast side to get it image000000_01.jpg

That trolley jack looks just like mine. I bought it from Harbor Freight and Salvage over 40 yrs ago. My son who was 2 at the time removed the plate [and lost the screws] right after I bought it.

ha ha ha, that is probably where this is from and i know its at least 25 years old because its from before my kids were born

That trolley jack looks just like mine. I bought it from Harbor Freight and Salvage over 40 yrs ago. My son who was 2 at the time removed the plate [and lost the screws] right after I bought it.

Yep. Mine is blue

Never look down on anyone unless you are helping them up - Jesse Jackson

Bumper is on. Took hours because the top holes we 1/8" to close so I had to get a Dremel and make them a little larger. Thannn the stupid welded nuts in the frame, closest to the grill, snapped free. So lots of fun during the install but I eventually got to this point....

And I cannot load pics again. Just says upload failed. Yeah!

Maybe tomorrow

Vacuum pump is what I was trying to spell. I only know because I recently put a front bumper on mine and it was a doozy to get a cutting tool in there. You are lucky you didn’t have to worry with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Jeepz.com mobile app

Added a winch today. Got a pretty good price yesterday and didn’t want to pass it up. The rail that connects the frame up front really got in the day. Had to completely disassemble the bumper to get it bolted on. Took me a while to get the front grill back on. No room to fit a cover on it. Hoping it gives me a couple uses.
Also added a skid to the front. Aluminum Quadratech skid. Image1654032637.989810.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Jeepz.com mobile app

the jeep will go into daily service today through the 6th. my son is flying in so he will drive it while he is home on leave. i drove it around yesterday after work and the only issue was if i hit a bump with only one front wheel while going around a curve on the highway, it felt like it was starting to oscillate towards death wobble. it felt like that one wheel was slowly getting worse so i had to slow down. after that, the rest of the trip into town was fine with no issues but i suspect its because its a straight road

After cleaning up the bird shizz I found another problem….C83E8FFA-2BE2-49E5-80E4-748D51D36D08.jpeg

Attachments

• 6A2DDD81-DA90-4A6C-AE39-80C4ECA4C9D0.jpeg
    6A2DDD81-DA90-4A6C-AE39-80C4ECA4C9D0.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 22
  • 3FDDDE44-01D5-4A8D-9EBD-AA74A4063C1B.jpeg
    3FDDDE44-01D5-4A8D-9EBD-AA74A4063C1B.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 28
Back