What did you do to your Jeep today?

New rear brake line. Frame to rear.

If i could go back to when the jeep was purchased, id coat/seal every bolt end and nut that is not in heat area with wax. Something to stop rust. Keep dirt out.
I spent a 1/2 hr a day for the last week PB soak snd heating the connections to break the tubing fitting loose. Success. No bent or broken lines.

Never look down on anyone unless you are helping them up - Jesse Jackson

... finally done with those yellowing crappy LEDs that I got tired of looking for replacements for.
Had to cut the hole bigger, but these will do! IMG_20220708_121436_01.jpeg

Sent from my SM-S906U using Jeepz.com mobile app

Spent the morning under the hood!
Replaced the Hormonic Balancer, Idler Pulley, Tension Pulley assembly and Belt.
Except for having to partially removing the Radiator/Electric Fan unit in order to make room for the puller it was an easy, relaxing job!
Seams the heat really beats up these components, The rubber in the HB was dry rotted, only a few years old. Installed factory parts, hopefully this one will last longer!

Except for having to partially removing the Radiator/Electric Fan unit in order to make room for the puller it was an easy, relaxing job!

I've never had to do that job. What were the symptoms that it was going bad?

With the engine running, look at the HB, when the rubber starts to go bad the pulley will wobble. With the engine stopped, you can see the thin area of rubber between the hub and the pulley, if it looks rotted, think about replacement. The Idler Pulley Bearing started to "chirp". Letting me know it was failing. I had removed the dust seal and re-greased the bearing previously. Rock Auto sells a complete kit. The HB is purchased separately. I'm at about 200,000 miles!

Last edited:
Is it me or is your drag link at a different angle than your track bar??

This leads to bump steer. Hit a bump and the wheel gets jerked out of your hand.

Have been chasing a intermittent issue with the TJ for years, maybe 10! Occasionally after a start when hot (after a fuel stop) It would start rough and throw a 303 code, #3 misfire. Over the years I've replaced Plugs, Wires, Coil Pack, OPDA, Cam Position Sensor, Crank Position Sensor, Fuel Injectors and all the heat shields. The problem would go away for a while, only to return!
Last week it returned. This time it was hard to start, would not accelerate, was back firing, very unhappy! After a few minutes it settled down and was running fine, although I could tell the performance was lagging and the fuel burn was above normal.
This morning I went to NAPA and purchased a Fuel Pressure Regulator. $200.00+ retail, I think I ultimately paid around $175.00 with the combined discounts I was able to muster. It took me about a hour and a half start to finish. Not to bad! Having a floor jack and a motorcycle lift to aid with holding the tank made the process pretty simple. 4 screws, 7 nuts, disconnected two lines, removed regulator, installed new, re-connected the lines, raised the tank, installed nuts and screws and all systems seam to be happy! I guess only time will tell. Will be driving it to Tallahassee Sunday, that will be the true test!

Got a rear bumper with a tire carrier from a guy who didn't like that his front one was a regular looking one and the back was a tubular style. Since we got that front bumper either the over rider bar, this matches pretty well.

No pics. Keeps saying upload failed

Have been chasing a intermittent issue with the TJ for years, maybe 10! Occasionally after a start when hot (after a fuel stop) It would start rough and throw a 303 code, #3 misfire. Over the years I've replaced Plugs, Wires, Coil Pack, OPDA, Cam Position Sensor, Crank Position Sensor, Fuel Injectors and all the heat shields. The problem would go away for a while, only to return!
Last week it returned. This time it was hard to start, would not accelerate, was back firing, very unhappy! After a few minutes it settled down and was running fine, although I could tell the performance was lagging and the fuel burn was above normal.
This morning I went to NAPA and purchased a Fuel Pressure Regulator. $200.00+ retail, I think I ultimately paid around $175.00 with the combined discounts I was able to muster. It took me about a hour and a half start to finish. Not to bad! Having a floor jack and a motorcycle lift to aid with holding the tank made the process pretty simple. 4 screws, 7 nuts, disconnected two lines, removed regulator, installed new, re-connected the lines, raised the tank, installed nuts and screws and all systems seam to be happy! I guess only time will tell. Will be driving it to Tallahassee Sunday, that will be the true test!

If you haven’t yet do a fuel pressure test. Steady at 49 psi +/-2 at idle and 3300 rpm and after engine off. Once off the pressure Should hold psi for more than 2 min.

Low fuel pressure.
Weak pump
Dirty fuel filter
Leaky/stuck injectors

High fuel pressure 7-8 psi high
Bad vac or fuel pressure regulator

What rpm do you idle at?

The p0303 is dead on cylinder #3 so check the gaskets are on the injector. The plug is tight and no stripped threads. The intake and exhaust bolts are tight. Any intake leak or exhaust leak can be an issue.
Besides heat shield on the injector do you have a tin shield in the intake to block the heat from rising past the injector.

Put the back bumper on and started putting the flat fenders in the front. What a pain! Still not done with one side and I think we started before lunch.

And still can't post pics. No idea why it does this

we watched a video on installing those fenders and the video showed to do it different than the instructions that came with the fenders do. i think we would have gotten the one side done saturday and the other sunday if we had watched youtube instead of following the terrible instructions that came with the parts.

maybe this weekend i will mess with them again. not sure though since i will only have from about noon onwards till 6pm on saturday because a friend is having a birthday party and then we are thinking of going to mexico on sunday for shopping. its only about a two hour drive to progresso or matamoros from my house and the we haven't been in a number of years because they changed the requirements to walk across to needing a passport instead of just having a driver's license. it seems they went back to just having normal identification now.

other than buying medicines with no prescription, or cheap alcohol, its basically just looking at junk and getting good tacos for cheap

I tried removing scuffs in the cargo area that the sunroof installers left while in the dealer's possession. They are seeking a resolution. They also damaged the paint on the tailgate when debadging it and had to repaint that area :twisted:

08 liberty - I hate parking brakes. They rust to crap and are difficult to get off and put on. The dust covers on this vehicle are rotted making it worse. Springs are so tight.
I know it is worth it in the end but crap it is so difficult.

Back