What did you do to your Jeep today?

Added wiring for towing... never understood why it wasn't just there if the previous owner added a hitch.
Had to make a bracket... worked out pretty good!

IMG_20220902_122921_01.jpegScreenshot_20220902-160600_Amazon%20Shopping.jpeg

Sent from my SM-S906U using Jeepz.com mobile app

Last edited by a moderator:

discovered I have 6 cans of bug repellent, Not one in the jeep.

Image1664149925.458601.jpg

Took this to this

Image1664149949.511330.jpg

Friend got this stock with bald tires, did a budget lift (coil spring spacers, Chevy lowering shackles) and trimmed the fronts and cut and folded the rears. Clears 33’s now.

Sent from my iPhone using Jeepz.com mobile app

Finally tried out the new wheels. They are to small so i will try them on the ranger, instead. But, i got lots of pics for yall.

And i forgot that i cannot load pics to the site from my phone. That sucks

20221001_121206.jpg

One attached!! This is the old tire against the new one. Supposedly a 32 against a 31

Replaced brake pads on a Patriot. I believe they were original. The design for the rear brake calipers is counter intuitive. You cannot remove the upper bolt/ slide because the flex brake fluid supply hose connection is in the way. If you do loosen it you cannot remove the bolt. Only the open end wrench could fit in the bolt due to the hose fitting. So, you could only remove the lower. Flip it up and slide the entire caliper off. Not much slack or room But, it does come out.
Second issue was the front brake hose have a hold down tab that crimps the hose. This became a blockage, so the brakes would ride on that caliper wearing and overheating..

Never look down on anyone unless you are helping them up - Jesse Jackson

Last edited:

Image1664836154.461952.jpg
IMG_3657.JPG

Added a Teraflex brake anchor to my dads YJ to keep the driver side brake hose from rubbing the tire. Also replaced the transfer case rear output seal, made a tool to make life easier.

Sent from my iPhone using Jeepz.com mobile app

i putt he longer brake lines on saturday and then last night i ordered new rear shocks. nothing special, just some kyb ones that showed for a lifted tj on rockauto. i need to order fronts also but since the jeep is not daily driven, its not a rush to get parts for it.

I let baby doll know she was protected. Loaded the 2 dogs in the back , 94 yj. Went on down to the convience store where they get their cheese treats. { like taken the kids for ice cream} Watched them scare the hell out of anyone near the jeep. Was a good day for baby doll.

Dog, Jake caught this big guy looking at him. He was at full attention low growl not backen down for nutten. The jeep is his.

Back