What did you do to your Jeep today?

Image1666560711.864347.jpg
Image1666560722.450201.jpg
Image1666560732.354339.jpg

Finished the rear Napier flat flares on my buddys cherokee, tossed on a glass pack (I advised against it) and replaced a worn idler pulley.

Image1666560806.502511.jpg

Also put a used JK rear view mirror on my CJ5.

Sent from my iPhone using Jeepz.com mobile app

How was the glaspak?

I put the new longer rear shocks on and test drove. Realize i badly need new longer fronts. I also tested some led lights to fit in the new fenders to replace the turn signals/marker ligjts. No-go, to small.

But, progress

How was the glaspak?

I put the new longer rear shocks on and test drove. Realize i badly need new longer fronts. I also tested some led lights to fit in the new fenders to replace the turn signals/marker ligjts. No-go, to small.

But, progress

Obnoxious, I apparently went and got old as I used to run one on my TJ, but it’s too loud for me now. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Jeepz.com mobile app

i grew up with glaspaks and straight pipes on cars too. i wonder how it would sound for me, ha ha ha. probably too crazy to me too

Replaced headlight and blinker assemblies on late model liberty.
Plus polished up the bumper a bit.

Image1668311646.812570.jpgImage1668311672.885996.jpgImage1668311681.578623.jpg
Never look down on anyone unless you are helping them up - Jesse Jackson

OMG this better stay connected!!!!!

Rear defogger... I've used multiple adhesives, that have failed to remain connected. I've tried soldering the original little nub... fell off.
This was a last resort! Boogered up the window with enuff solder to hold the wire and hopefully this stays connected!

Connectivity is excellent, so only time will tell. This beats paying the almost $1,500 the stealer wanted to replace the whole window?!? Really... no attempt at mak8ng a repair at all. SMDH20221124_152520.jpeg

Sent from my SM-S906U using Jeepz.com mobile app

OMG this better stay connected!!!!!

Rear defogger... I've used multiple adhesives, that have failed to remain connected. I've tried soldering the original little nub... fell off.
This was a last resort! Boogered up the window with enuff solder to hold the wire and hopefully this stays connected!

Connectivity is excellent, so only time will tell. This beats paying the almost $1,500 the stealer wanted to replace the whole window?!? Really... no attempt at mak8ng a repair at all. SMDHView attachment 25225

Sent from my SM-S906U using Jeepz.com mobile app

HOW TO Fix Rear Window Defroster! DIY for under $8 - YouTube

Last edited:
I finally built the little circuits so the leds work as turn signals and running lights, like they should. I got those installed, too. And i put the longer front shocks on and went for a ride.

This jeep is stiff riding now. The kid i got the springs from said they were on hia dad's tj but they are really stiff. Its almost like riding in a 3/4 ton truck. I winder if they were off a jku or something else instead of a tj.

Here is the circuit. diodes and a resistor and the leds in the shot and i had to heat shrink them once soldered in to the jeeps front wiring, too

Resized_20221126_121726.jpeg

20221021_180701.jpg

This is the fenders and i think the leds are in this shot. Maybe not but you can see where they would go

Shrink wrap the wires very well right to the bulb. This is more of a Protection from the rocks and dirt that’ll get kicked up.

I wrapped it in the wire protector loom and zip tied them up where the wheels cant twar them off. Them i put that rubber spray liner, really thick and multiple coats, over it all to try to keep it safe.

Time will tell though

drove it to work. the MPs "love" when i do, ha ha ha, i can tell by how happy they are to have to leave the guard shack and walk to the other side to check my ID.

The ol jeep is going to be used a daily today. Going to do a small shake down by using her to run errands in town and maybe head out to port aransas for dinner later. I want to make sure she is good to drive to colorado if my son ends up getting his leave approved from his unit

Well... death wobble at 40mph, exactly. And only after the tires are warmed up so i think the tires have gone bad from 1) my son not rotating them, ever and 2) sitting so much since the jeep has been home

Id agree tires or rims more likely. DW is fairly consistent starting around 65 mph. But if things are really shaking not just the steering wheel you might check all the bolts and TRE’s, bushings,…

Its just like my old comanche. Starts at 40 and i have to slow down to 25 to stop it. And it doesnt happen from hitting a bump, it will start on a smooth road and you can geel the steering wheel starting to go left to right, just slightly. Than after a while of driving, say 10 miles, as soon as you hit 40mph, boom, you are done. So you either power through to 45 to 50mph and it goes away, or you slow down

I really feel like its a tire but i will find out sometime this week. I will out the 30s or 31s, whatever they are on the jeep. They are brand new, like 5 miles on them. They would be on already but look funny now that the jeep is lifted

Ok, new steering stabilizer seems to have stopped the problem but i also got some longer lower control arms to install today that should return the caster to stock and hopefully help future death wobbly stay away.

So far, driving the ol jeep to colorado on the 26th sounds like the plan that is mocing forward. Wife and i will drive up and swap with our youngest son and bring the mazda home for home minor maintenance and jarrod can go back out with the jeep club up there on the qeekends, luke he used to do

I've gotten death wobble a few times over the years, generally when things wear out. Here's what I replaced last time (back in 2019)

I've got an aftermarket JKS trackbar, and I found that the bushing wears out with some frequency.

Screenshot 2022-12-16 094803.png

Back