What did you do to your Jeep today?

Yeah, i have been told about all that stuff and the parts on the jeep seem to check out ok. I didnt find any loose or worn parts baing to do with steering or anything like that, except the steering stabilizer was dead, No resistance so thats why that got done

Well, that was fun. Had to cut one bolt at the axle side of the control arm. Luckily i happen to have some replacements from previous jeeps. I also finally replaced the turn signal relay in the column so the flashers are the correct speed now

My Cherokee is on LPG (propane) and I noticed a whiff of gas at the back end today. It's got two 60lit tanks in the back which are vented to the outside. I found that one of the safety valves had started weeping. Legally they have to be swapped every two or three years, mine haven't been looked at in quite a long time. You are not allowed to repair them yourself even though it's only a change of a rubber washer, they have to be calibrated to a specific pressure. I'll have to get two new ones at around €37 each ($39)

My Cherokee is on LPG (propane) and I noticed a whiff of gas at the back end today. It's got two 60lit tanks in the back which are vented to the outside. I found that one of the safety valves had started weeping. Legally they have to be swapped every two or three years, mine haven't been looked at in quite a long time. You are not allowed to repair them yourself even though it's only a change of a rubber washer, they have to be calibrated to a specific pressure. I'll have to get two new ones at around €37 each ($39)

That's pretty cool that your Jeep runs on LPG. Do you like it over standard gas / petrol?

I used to work for an outfit that converted two 2.5 ton trucks to propane. That was back in the 80s, boss claimed there was a significant fuel savings but you had to be mindful of how much was in the tank. You can get a carb that will take both propane and gasoline but it cost more and he was cheap.

Drove the wrangler from corpus christi texas to colorado springs colorado. Left at 9am and drove to leakey texas to eat with my parents and then drove to amarillo. Got there are 10pm and stayed the night. Left at 8 the next morning and got to colorado springs at 2pm.

Jeep averaged 14mpg at 73mph. It was a decent drive with zero issues at all. Parts of the drive were in the 50s and some were in the 20s. I did have to immediately change the back right wheel cylinder as soon as i got to fort carson's auto craft shop.

We went off roading yesterday for a few hours and it started snowing on us, which made it really pretty and fun.

20221228_114335.jpg

Well, it only let me load one picture. That sucks

Good deal.

Never look down on anyone unless you are helping them up - Jesse Jackson

Today I put in new radiator and 13 inch Derale fan. Everything cool now. Then get stuck in driveway. Need bigger fan!

Today I put in new radiator and 13 inch Derale fan. Everything cool now. Then get stuck in driveway. Need bigger fan!

Clutch fan or electric?
You still have a cooling problem?

Never look down on anyone unless you are helping them up - Jesse Jackson

No electric. Snow in driveway. "Everything cool now." Jeep runs cool. No more steam.

Had to put new turn signal switch in my 97 tj 4.0. About a 20 min swap. The plastic “switch” cancel on the switch was cooked. Glad it wasn’t the cam on the steering column. Ugh.

Sent from my iPhone using Jeepz.com mobile app

Added front turns with a halo ring (only when lights are on) and they are BRIGHT! Love'em!

Now to get quality headlights with DRLs... suggestions? Fuk Xprite or any other overseas knock off brand.IMG_20230102_145304_02.jpegIMG_20230102_145304_01.jpeg

Sent from my SM-S906U using Jeepz.com mobile app

Is that a set of Dana 60? That looks pretty sweet.
Do they come with lockers in them?

Unfortunately no. It’s just a beefed up 44 front and 60 semi float rear. But I did get ARB lockers and they are both 35 spline now.

I love my jeep with the faded green paint,primer shineing through, dog scratches on the door cause they wanna go. Jeep looks good no matter what ya do to it, Amen.

Back