What did you do to your Jeep today?

wow. i have no idea. we see deer only when we go out of town. you would think we would see them more since the king ranch is fairly nearby but i don't live on the side of town near to it. we used to see javalina, fox, raccoons, and possum alot but i haven't actually seen any of those in a year or two. i guess the city expanded out enough that its hard for the animals to get to the end of the peninsula i live on, now

just from experience, you can feel the pressure in your hand tightening bplts to there max with out a torque wrench. I suggest to you is go get a dozen 1/4 20 nuts and bolts and experiment tightening them. The fiest 3 tighten till you strip them, keeping in mindyour hand pressure. after a few tries you well know the lim9t on the threads you are tightening. You well relize it, just pay attention to your hand pressure and at what pressure the threads are gonna strip. Once you have the feeling, like rideing a bicycle, it well never lesve. wheather it is 1/4 20 threads or 1/2 12 threads dont matter. the touch well be the same.

Thank you for your time and thought ( :

Sent from my iPhone using Jeepz.com mobile app

ok, nobody is doing shit except breaking jeep parts right now and having fun. Rock and Roll Baby.

i will be moving the tj under the rv carport after this weekend since we won't have an rv anymore. then it won't be getting baked in the south texas sun day in and day out

I hear you! It’s the same here in East Texas over 100 in the shop. Where my seldom driven cj has been languishing for the past 17 years. I only drive it when the weather permits.

the tj has been under the rv carport for a while now. i had to cut the grass around the jeep and car port though so i moved the blocks to under the jeep, that were previously laying by the posts.

I decided to paint, then cover the dent where my wife hit the Jeep with a new sticker. I think it turned out pretty good and I bet it adds at least 10 HP.

IMG_20230826_180123442_HDR.jpeg

IMG_20230826_180826597_HDR.jpeg

IMG_20230826_181956214_HDR.jpeg

Sent from my moto g stylus using Jeepz.com mobile app

Eric m

Doors are the worst ground planes for the antenna. Place a ground strap from the tub to the door inside the trunk area.

Never look down on anyone unless you are helping them up - Jesse Jackson

Eric m

Doors are the worst ground planes for the antenna. Place a ground strap from the tub to the door inside the trunk area.

Thanks for the heads up, I?ll make sure to ground them out very well when we get to mounting up the cbs.

Sent from my iPhone using Jeepz.com mobile app

To know you have a good ground measure resistance between the ground part of the mount nearest the antenna to tub ground or battery ground. It should read less than one ohm. Greater and you will never get best SWR

Back