4.2l HOSES!!!

ultimag

1988 Wrangler Sport....4.2L engine. Gettin' ready to do away with hoses (air).....guess I'll just disconnect them one by one to see what does what to what.....I KNOW someone out there has done away with all this c**p. Any ideas? There has to be a better way!!

I presume that you're talking about vacuum hoses. The only hoses left on my 88 YJ is the one to the distributor and the one to the brake booster. You need to plug or cap any other ports from the engine.

Just a FYI, if you have a/c in your jeep you can convert your a/c compressor to power air tools and air up your tires after wheeling.

I have an '87 with the 4.2L and like what was said above, the only vacuum lines that i have left are the vacuum advance on the distributor, and the big line going to the brake booster.
In order to do this mod, you have to have a manual cable for your CAD(center axle disconnect) on the front axle. And you should do a nutter by-pass, but you can read about those on other threads. Then you can throw away your stock carb and get a Holley 390cfm 4bbl carb and have a very peppy performing 4.2L.

On my 87 I only have the distributor vacuum line, the 4x4 vacuum line, the one that goes to the cruise control and heater vacuum, and the brake booster

Back