waggy springs under a yj

AlwayswrenchN

Got my new(used) waggy springs installed in the front. With the springs and adjustable perches it should net 3" forward. Also the waggy springs were about the same height as the lift pack that was already installed. My drag link is where I notice the push forward the most. I might have to shorten and redrill the pitman arm. We'll see after I get a test drive in.

Installed the waggy springs in the rear today. Rear driveline is almost pulled out of its splines and had to makeshift shock mounts for rear axle. Its sitting on its tires right now, but the rear shackle mounts will have to be moved back 1.5-2". Also a small amount of body trimming will need to be done. I'll try to get some pics in the daylight, and a wheelbase measurement.

Snapped some pics before work.
Gas tank clearance sucks, I'm trying to get the full 3" of stretch. I'm about 1.5" under the back of the gas tank skid, with about 1.5" of up travel before contact. I'm thinking about two options right now.
1). Let the tank create its own clearance while we are playing in the sand memorial weekend.
2). Drop skid and cut the small area where contact is possible and make it concave and re-install. Oh and the tank is full of course.

How it sits right now
image-missing.png

Last Summer
image-missing.png

Gas Tank to top of diff 1.5"
image-missing.png

Have you thought of moving the front spring hangers (on the rear springs) forward?

Today I went a bought more leaf springs, rear springs from a Yukon. The waggy springs were flat when loaded. So I made my own pack using the main leaf from yukon that extends past the eyelets of the waggy main leaf. Then two more yukon leafs and two waggy leafs on the bottom. I will get the other pack made tomorrow and hangers welded back on. Will try to get pics then. I also cut off the hokey receiver hitch that has been on since I bought the jeep. I will build my own bumper as time allows.

Did you move/adjust either the front hangers or the front shackles to work with the 1 inch longer waggy springs?

Bacon

No, I was going to on the rear because of a interferance with the hokey receiver hitch that was previously installed. Got rid of the hitch and going to build my own bumper and the interferance is gone. Now that I have redone my spring packs the gas tank clearance is much improved. Plus the main leaf is now fully supported by the second leaf which is much thicker than the jeep leaves.

a6b603a177289b63-1.jpg

image-missing.png

I had already moved my hanger mount to the bottom of the frame. The wagoneer springs being 1" longer don't really affect it that much.

Got the finishing touches done on the rear springs. Got the driveline out and am taking it it be stretched tomorrow. Should be wrapping the main project up. Jeepwife and I measured the wheelbase today at 100". Wikipedia says factory WB is 93.4"

Back