Love junk yards

blackcj

Picked up a a York 210 and and ford Taurus fan for under $60 for both. Can't wait for on board air and a new fan to keep the old girl cool. Anyone have a good step by step and pics on how to wire the fan ?

image-2382314551.jpg

I know there is some cheap do it you your self wiring and relay diagrams out there but for me I hate wiring. I went down to the auto parts store and bought a Hayden eletric fan contoller with harness. Had the thermostat probe relays in fuse relays all wired in and easly color coated diagram that matches the Taurus fan. Just butt wired a few wires and a switch to shut off(deep water) and fired right up. Had this on my yj for a few years now never had an issue with it. Also had a adjust ment on it that you can adjust when the fan turns off and on at certain degrees. it was super simple no headache and I think it only cost me about 35 bucks.

For the fan, this is what I used:

40A MaxiFuse close to the battery
thick wiring (cant remember if it was 8G, but I think it was)
35A Bosch relay
I wired the fan to the low speed side of the fan

In my case, i used a 3 position switch, so that I have ON, OFF or AUTO, in which AUTO activates the Delta Current Control box which controls the fan speed according to radiator temperature (and turns the fan in slow speed when I turn the fan on). The box is connected to the HIGH speed side of the fan, so there is no interference from the relay.

Felipe

Back