mud bogging q???

highklass

what advice you guys got for me to bog,
i now have 3" body lift, 1 1/2" shackle lift and plan on getting 2" leaf lift.
on my 36/14.5/15 tsl tires.
what other tips or tricks you guys got for me to start this without looking like a fool.[addsig]

Always wheel with someone else, and make sure that your Jeep can pull theirs out of most thing and vise versa. Bring two or three tow strap (they break more often than you think) and investing in a winch makes life alot easier when you're in waist deep mud. Lockers are a boggers best friend. I dont know how many times I've been stuck in my TJ because I couldnt get traction to the wheels on solid ground. There are alot of little things you will learn as you go, like turning on your windshield wipers before you hit the bogs, and if in doubt keep the tires spinning, even if you're not moving fast you are still moving. And the most inportant piece of advice I can give you, check the depth of things before you try to go through them, better safe than stuck.[addsig]

good advice jeepicus....highklass> i am planning on buying the same set of swamper 36 tsl...what type of axle are you running...i was planning on using stock d30 and d35 with 4.10's in em. (these might be a lit5tle on the weak side).out of curiousity what are you running for axles?[addsig]

good advice jeepicus....highklass> i am planning on buying the same set of swamper 36 tsl...what type of axle are you running...i was planning on using stock d30 and d35 with 4.10's in em. (these might be a lit5tle on the weak side).out of curiousity what are you running for axles?
i have a stock set up for now.
90 yj 4.2, but had the jeep for only 2 weeks, need more time to invest [addsig]

Mud and water proof everthing that you can. Electricity and fule do not mix well with water or mud. Have Fun with it. Tug[addsig]

I second what Tug said, figuring out some way to get fresh air, free of water, is a high priority. Along with trying to water proof most things electrical, especially high voltage items. A good set of plug wires, and a water proofed distributor are just about a must.
Getting stuck isn´t nearly as embarrasing, as having your motor crap out in the middle of a puddle.
Can´t waterproof everything, but do what you can. A good long pair of jumper cables, a can of WD 40, a can of Quick start and a good tow strap. And an extra starter if your driving an automatic.
People forget water wieghs 7 lbs. to the gallon and mud is heavier. Shifting into a lower gear before you start pushing all that wieght, is helpful, then you don´t have to loose momentum (and RPM´s) downshifting.
If you do get water in the air cleaner, don´t even try to start it without pulling the plugs and checking if any water got in the cylinders. Water in the cylinders can terminally damage a motor quick.[addsig]

You might want to get a heavier duty front and rear end. step up to at least d44 but really should get dana60's. Running tires soooo large and haveing them spin so hard and fast will kill you axel seals and destroy your bearings, not to mention snapping a axle. Even if it was a just for driving around town, those stock units won't last long. Not sure on the year of your jeep, but if you have a later YJ with a C-clip read, and revrse cut dana, those are not servicable wheel bearings, so it get ecxpensive replacing them.[addsig]

Back