clutch ticking noise?

Okay this is a weird one. When the Jeep as at idle and warm there is a ticking noise. When I engage the clutch the sound goes away intill I let the clutch back out. The ticking sounds like a vacuum leak not metal sounding or pinging. ( I know those well lol) is there a vacuume line to the clutch? I belive its only dot3. The clutch was replaced less than 500 miles ago and I had the flywheel resurfaced at the time. 1995 yj 2.5 power house lol I assume ax5. I just replaced the master clutch cylinder about 300 miles ago and the fluid level is good. Help me out guys seen this before????

I don't think it has any thing to do with the clutch,no there is no vacume line to the clutch. The clutch is hydraulicly controlled. It's just your engine,the famous jeep tick,most all of them do it once they get a little age on them.Dont worry about it not unless it starts to go tick tick bang bang. Then I would think you have a problem. When you are pressing the clutch pedal down you are actually takeing a load off the engine,that is why the ticking noise goes away.When the clutch pedal is released the clutch engauges with the pressure plate putting a slight load on the engine.

Back