Jeep TJ Rear Trackbar Bracket

Yurtalpus

Hi, I'm jon and this is my first post here. I have been browsing as a guest for a few months and have learned quite a lot about my jeep. I purchased my 2006 rubicon in november of 2011 and find myself surprised at how excited I am to leave work every day so that I can jump into my jeep and drive around.

I've been getting a very noticeable popping sound from the rear of my jeep when turning and have narrowed it down to this bracket sliding back and forth. Now the bracket has a wide slot for the original bolt and I was curious if this is intended or if its just worn due to not being tight enough. Also when I started tightening it it appeared to be bending the bracket. So I included some pics and was wanting to know if just cranking it down more is an option or if it just needs to be replaced.

Thanks for your time.

2012-06-14_15-43-07_259.jpg2012-06-14_15-43-17_478.jpg

Ah, just noticed something I didn't see before. It appears that the top horizontal piece of steel in the second picture is buckled. I bet the sleeve you mentioned would have prevented that. I'll make one and try to flatten out that bent bit. A little heat should do the trick.

I'd add the sleeve to prevent the bracket from crushing further, and weld a washer over the slotted hole to remove the slop.

I think you've got the Rough Country rear trackbar bracket - just like I had. Here's what it should look like:

5898d1285101795-jeep-tj-rear-trackbar-bracket-install-14-rear-bracket-jeep.jpg

The bracket worked OK for a while, but I could never keep the bolts tight (even with locktite). I eventually went with the Rough Country adjustable rear trackbar. With our Jeepz.com discount is was only around $100 - Well made and worth the money.

Back