YJ ox locked Axle

David Burress

i have an option to buy an OX locked D30 with 4.88 gears upgraded shafts joints hubs and high steer kit i can grab it for $1000 is this a good value or should i throw the money somewhere else???

currently running 33s and will prob stay with those.

Yes, It's a good deal, But if you're not already running 4.88 gears then you will have to change either your rear to 4.88s or change the D30 to the same as you have in the rear.

Yes, It's a good deal, But if you're not already running 4.88 gears then you will have to change either your rear to 4.88s or change the D30 to the same as you have in the rear.

I have an 8.8 in the rear and was already planning a 4.88 swap.. i figured it was a good ratio for 33s or 35s my biggest concern is to buy the 30 or build an other axle that will be stronger for the same price not sure of all my options when it comes to the front axle..

Yup it's a great deal. Will be a good match for the 8.8 rear. You would have twice as much money into it if you built one like it yourself. The high pinion D30s are stronger than most give them credit for. The old low pinion D30s give them a bad reputation.

Back