Just bought

t click

I just purchased my first jeep wrangler. I took my wife for a ride and not to far into the trip it died and backfired. Now it won't start back. I changed the plugs and wires because the wires were broken at the plug end Now I have new wires plugs rotor cap and have discovered I have no spark at the coil wire now I'm lost

Sorry to hear that.

What type of Jeep, year, engine size, etc?

I'm gonna replace the ignition coil when I get home and if that doesn't fix it I'm at a loss.

Does anybody know if the speedometer is mechanical or electric in a 95 wrangler

I bought my 94 yj from a private seller, and have had all kinds of issues. I love my jeep , but now wifey is thinking of not getting one because of all the issues. Still fixing things but got it runnin' and hasn't quit yet. the last thing I fixed was the wires to the crank position sensor. It was just shutting off, Id have to turn the key off and then restart it. Found out through this board and you tube, where the wires ran and so I traced them. Found that they were rubbing against the exhaust manifold and burned through the protective coating and was grounding out. so I fixed that, and zip tied it out of the way. NO problems so far. ( fingers crossed). still have things to do to it, but hopefully on my wallets schedule.

Congrats on getting your Jeep back running! I wonder if that was what was wrong with mine... This my give OP something else to look at as well...

I bought my 94 yj from a private seller, and have had all kinds of issues. I love my jeep , but now wifey is thinking of not getting one because of all the issues. Still fixing things but got it runnin' and hasn't quit yet. the last thing I fixed was the wires to the crank position sensor. It was just shutting off, Id have to turn the key off and then restart it. Found out through this board and you tube, where the wires ran and so I traced them. Found that they were rubbing against the exhaust manifold and burned through the protective coating and was grounding out. so I fixed that, and zip tied it out of the way. NO problems so far. ( fingers crossed). still have things to do to it, but hopefully on my wallets schedule.

Yeah I got it running and now I'm playing change the sensor and I think I'm loosing

well as of today, my YJ has not stalled out since I fixed that wire. ! thank you jeep
GOD for answering my prayers!

Ignition coils

I just purchased my first jeep wrangler. I took my wife for a ride and not to far into the trip it died and backfired. Now it won't start back. I changed the plugs and wires because the wires were broken at the plug end Now I have new wires plugs rotor cap and have discovered I have no spark at the coil now I'm lost

You need to replace the ignition coil with a Mopar coil. We didn't use a OEM part and would blow 3 coils for every trip we made. We had 3 in the trunk to just get us 200 miles and then replace with. Finally put in a Mopar brand and haven't had any more problems. I bit more spendy but worth every penny!

Back