Want to change my auto to a five speed

I think you might be better off selling your auto-trans Jeep & using the cash to find a Jeep with a 5spd.
1.Autos are popular now & would probably sell relatively easy.
2. There's a lot more to than the transmission to change(brake & clutch pedals,clutch linkage etc...) you don't say what year or model of Jeep you're working with,but there is likely electronics involved.
Let us know what you decide & how it works out if you decide to go ahead & make the swap.

Yeah it's my first jeep and I wanted a 5 speed to begin with but beggars can't b choosers so I ended up with a 95 auto and theirs a lot to do to it but I want to make it my own so it's a good blank canvas

Transmission swaps are fairly easy especially if your going to use something like the AX-15. Advanced adapters has a large tech vault that will help you start off. Not sure where you can source the pedals assembly but using jeeps clutch/brake assembly just bolts right into your jeep. Same with the master cylinder. Not sure how much your OBD1 controlled or monitored your auto trans, but a call to painless wiring will answer any of those questions. Keep us updated and take lots of pictures.

I change out mine. Fairly easy. Just take your time. You can add the clutch pedal to the existing brake pedal without removing it just be patience doing it

Back