Contour fan upgrade need a step by step please

Actually I was forced to go freehand, my soldering station was to unweildy on the surfaces of the engine compartment, and I lost the dang magnifier lens.
If the temps warm up this weekend I'm hoping for a good test for the cooling system by going up the road to the closed town of Valsetz, OR to an old swimming hole at the base of the trestles of what was once a logging narrow gauge railway, which'd be a good climb in the Oregon coast range.

:lol::D:driving-g Sucess! :driving-g:D:lol:

After a long drive (100 miles +/-) involving highways speeds, upgrades, bumpy dirt and gravel roads at speed. 'Black Betty' never got above 190* and, if I switched to Override she cooled down to 160*! It wasn't the hottest of days (85-87*) but this is precisely when she ran uncontrolled temps of 210* and sometimes higher! In celebration my buddy and I headed up to the Valsetz road to that old swimming hole of my youth and had a hellofa good time coolin' off!
Thanks so much to the kind folks that mentored me here and elsewhere, and a lift of the lynch lid!

Last edited:

Hey TURBOGUS , darn glad the project worked out very well as I knew it was going to !
You put so much effort , dedication , thought and quality parts into it there was no way it was not going to work out ! You certainly did it the way a factory install would have , actually even better as not often short cuts and price saving takes precedence. I definately say great job and happy to model an electrical job of such after yours ! I salute you sir ! Well done ! Greg

Regardless of any doubts , concerns or any worries , you came , you conquered , you succeeded .
Because you did , you will benefit and we all will benefit from your research and development.
To me , to us , that's thanks we will always be glad we got . Someone who taught us how.
Your welcome sir ! Greg

In one want to minimize the footprint of a relay panel I found this four pot one in a '95 Ford PU

$(KGrHqNHJEoE-li44ZDmBPvRcCq)WQ~~60_12.jpg$(KGrHqZHJCIE-pSH68b,BPvRcHzlkQ~~60_12.jpg

I just bought a fan set up from a 370z that seems likes its really similar to this one. I will let you guys know how it fits. The write up will be the same for this so i figured i would just add it as a note for future readers

I didn't know the 370Z's had the same configuration, corvering the entie radiato core area.

its either a 350 or a 370z. i thought the guy said 370 but maybe not. but, the z car fan hangs over about an inch on the driver's side, if you align the passenger side. it pulls a ton of air though because you can feel it holding your hand above the bumper front side. cooled the 302 a ton though. not instead of being almost in the red, its below 3/4.

did i tell you guys that i think the gauge reads 1/4-1/3 too high?

Since installing this fan and posting phots of it I've received questions on what this little gizmo is. I did a search online for this but came up with nothing. I once thought it was an ambient air temp. sensor but now I'm thinking I'm wrong.

Sensor.jpg

7791259298_4c43b645da_m.jpg

Last edited:

On the large PDB I had snapped off two retainer tabs the hold the terminals in place. Used some downright stinky epoxy blend to fuse 'em in place. Devcon two part Epoxy. This same epoxy I used to incorporate that 70 amp B3 relay socket into the stubby PDB. This stuff is RANK but it holds fast and can only be removed with a Dremel tool and a grinder attachment.

View attachment 17513

View attachment 17514

View attachment 17515

View attachment 17516

I'm using this Devcon Plastic Welder to make repairs/reinforcements to my hood release lever on 'BBB' (Big BLue Beast) '96 GMC K1500 Suburban

WP_20170126_12_47_46_Pro.jpg

WP_20170126_12_47_49_Pro.jpg

WP_20170126_12_47_55_Pro.jpg

It may be ugly on the backside but after it fully cures it can be sanded down.

Back