bump stops??

So when I did my soa I never put my bumps stops back on or lengthen them. my Jeep is basically a Wheeler and see some asphalt on nice summer days. I don't mind the tires hitting my wheel Wells when IM fully flexed out. Dose bump stops help with more flex or hinders it?? 95 yj SOA 2.5" Procomp springs 2"bl

All bump stops do is limit the axles upward movement. They are inplace to keep the axle and tires from contacting any frame/body pieces. I wouldn't worry about them.

I wouldnt worry about them either. I have never altered mine either when I lifted my jeep, BUT with out them you do stand the chance of over compressing the spring and SNAP. I have never had this happen but have had a 4x4 shop owner friend tell me it can in extreme cases. So just a heads up.

You very much need properly adjusted bumpstops. Without them you risk repeated over-compression of your springs and they'll quickly sag.

Mad flex has went the way of the lightbar, and most have traded suspension up-travel for longer down-travel and a lower center of gravity. A rig is much more stable with limited up-travel and a lower COG.

My SOA leaf spring setup has about 2" of uptravel and about 10" down, and the axles still articulate plenty to get me where I want to go.

Back