I be needin' some pics!

flatie46

Has anybody got some good pictures of the rear tub mount on a CJ5? It's the very last body mount and it's a boxed section. Any pics would be helpful. I'm fixing some of the badly rusted inner bracing on my tub. I think I know how it used to be, would just like some pics to confirm it and know I'm not overlooking anything.

If this thing turns out...I know beyond a shadow of a doubt I could make the Titanic float again.

Sorry, cant figgure out how to delete... I was going to post a pic of mine but they will not be the same, mine is a 69 and a bit different

It may be the same, I know alot of CJ5 tub parts are the same back to 55. It probably doesn't matter how I make it, any tub mount is better than no mount at all.

True.. I will try to get some up today. I had to put some braces across my floor in the back and make my own spots for mounts (mine had no floors or mounts). May put u in the right direction though. The OP used a huge peice of angle iron in the section I think you are needing pics of but it may help..

Thanks man, I'm gonna have to do something soon. The CJ is my daily driver, I have been driving the car I bought for my daughter who turns 16 next month. I'll have to give it up then. I've got my harley to ride but it is turning cooler. I could get my old '70 chevy truck out but it loves gas. I was hoping to do both quarter pannels in the Jeep but as much as I've had to work here lately I just hadn't had time to work on it. I 'll get it together though, I seem to live my life under the gun and always tryn to make a deadline. I may just take a day off next week and spend some quality time with it.

Snapshot_20121006_6-1.jpg

Snapshot_20121006_7-1.jpg

Snapshot_20121006_12-1.jpg

Snapshot_20121006_21-1.jpg

Snapshot_20121006_5-1.jpg

Snapshot_20121006_1-1.jpg

Sorry it took so long man. I seen your post this morning and said "man, I have forgot his pics for two days now. It was hard to get my lap top up under the jeep to take them, I hope they will help, they are the best I could get. If thats not the location you are talking about let me know and I will get the ones you need. Sorry again for taking so long.

Thanks a bunch bro! It didn't really matter about the delay, I haven't had a chance to work on it yet anyway. I think mine is different but you've given me an idea or two. I may take 2 pieces of angle and make the boxed section I was talking about. I think I've got a couple of pieces left over from a trailer project. It's a rainy day here and the basement is too full to get it in. I did manage to make the brace that goes from the tub to the quarter pannel today at work. Thanks again for the pics!

your welcome, jut let me know if you need anymore.

Back