Few recomendations on some upgrades needed!

whosyourmack

I'm looking into adding quite a few different upgrades to my 04 LJ. Right now she has either a 2.5 or 3 inch lift, BFG all terrain 32's and Beadlocks, and a flow master exhaust system (not sure the specs).

I'm looking at adding New exhaust (preferably to make her sound a little deeper, as the 4.0 I6 sounds a little too high pitch with my pipes) , cold air intake, Flat fender flares, new M/T tires, an aggressive winch and Bumper combo, some rocker guards, etc.

Id love to hear some reviews on some quality parts from fellow jeepers as nobody in town seems to know alot about them. Thanks!

Attachments

• image-1795316219.jpg
    image-1795316219.jpg
    584.2 KB · Views: 248

I know a quick fix to the deeper sound ha I had a serious 40 flowmaster put on my xj a few months back cause I wanted it deeper but not louder.. it was deeper but not as much as I wanted.. I went offroading and busted that last littler hanger on my exhaust so it rubbed the leaf spring annoyingly.. got impatient with it and instead of welding it back up I figured IDE just hack it off with a sawsall just behind the muffler... It got much deeper... And louder ha

You want a CAI do it yourself. Checkout the mustang or wind star intake mod through the cowl. Though there is little to no gain on power no matter what intake. There was a post on a forum of a guy measuring pressure in the stock air box on a supercharged system. Never had a flow issue and no matter what mod there was no improvement. Pick a good paper filter and stick with this.

Metal Cloke fenders

Banks monster exhaust has a nice sound IMHO.

Rocker gasket though I don't have guards I see many using smittybuilt @ streetsideAuto.com look for Promo codes.

Back