My CJ7 was totaled yesterday............

PoliceMonkey161

Yesterday was a bad day for my CJ and I. I was rear ended (well, the Jeep was while I was sitting in it) while pulled off on the shoulder of the road. I pulled over into the shoulder, out of the travel lane, with my hazards on to answer my cell phone. Before I could get three words out, there was a loud bang and everything went black. When I can too a few seconds later, there was debris everywhere and what looked like a passenger car smashed up in the on coming traffic lane. My Jeep had the rear axle push about halfway across the undercarriage and it was leaking fuel the last time I saw it. The other vehicle had the whole passenger side crumpuled up and was missing the front wheels from what I recall. The driver had to be cut out of thier vehicle. Oddly enough, I was just getting ready to step out of my Jeep to talk on phone as I usually do as it is nosiey inside my Jeep and I have a hard time hearing on the phone.

The driver of the striking vehicle veered from the travel lane onto the shoulder and impacted my Jeep at approximately 55 mph. The driver never applied the brakes.

To the best of my knowledge, either myself or the other driver sustained serious injury (Thank Goodness). Moral of the story? Even if you are following State Law and common sense, you can predict other drivers.........

Glad your ok you never know this could turn out to be a good thing now your in the market for a new jeep.

Glad you're ok...was the other driver insured? I'd say he owes you a CJ7!

TLCJ5 said:
Glad you're ok...was the other driver insured? I'd say he owes you a CJ7!

Yes..... They were insured, but they are kinda Jerky's..... Suddenly the driver does remember anything.

If you got hit hard enough to lose consciousness ( 55 mph :shock: ) they you may find in a couple of days that your neck hurts. That's what happened to one of my coworkers. Just take it easy for a couple of days, and if something hurts then see a doctor.

Sounds like the other guy was on a cell phone too..

Glad everyone was able to walk away from it.

Probably too far for you to drive but I know of a good CJ7 tub and frame. I was thinking of adding it to my hoarding mess but if your interested I will hook you up. PM me if you want any details.

I feel your pain! Got my jeep together after 2 years and the second week of driving it, I went onto a icey bridge and spun 360 and slamed into the concrete wall and bent my frame.

son i always knew that driving in how weird county was a contact sport. did the other driver have and drung or booze on board at the time. glad that you appear to be all right but be careful that there are no injuries that you dont see at the time. give me a hollar

i feel your pain totaled my jeep awhile back and havent been able to find another one that i like ended up buying a toyota truck im glad that your ok good luck on finding a new ride

son i always knew that driving in how weird county was a contact sport. did the other driver have and drung or booze on board at the time. glad that you appear to be all right but be careful that there are no injuries that you dont see at the time. give me a hollar

The responding Officer does not believe the driver was under the influence, nor did the inventory of the vehicle produce any signs of drug or alcohol use. I could only speculate as to what the driver was distracted by (and you know as well as I do that my opinion will not be valid), regardless that is between the driver and the Howard County Police. So dig this, the responding Officer was decent enough to follow up a day later (there is something to said for the Brotherhood of Blue), but still no call from the driver too last least ask if I'm OK. I know they are OK because I saw the driver recovering thier personnal property at the impound lot the next day.

If you got hit hard enough to lose consciousness ( 55 mph :shock: ) they you may find in a couple of days that your neck hurts. That's what happened to one of my coworkers. Just take it easy for a couple of days, and if something hurts then see a doctor.

Sounds like the other guy was on a cell phone too..

Glad everyone was able to walk away from it.

So far the only lasting injury is memory loss, the Physicans are hoping it is a short term thing.....

Back