help!!! door won't open

On my passenger door the rod on the inside of the door that connects the lock button to the lock broke off. I tore the door apart and tried to unlock it manually. The lever on the lock moves freely and does not seen to be damaged. I pull it to the unlock position and try to open the door. No luck... It seems that the dogs or clamps that hold the door closed are not releasing when I try to open the door. These doors seen to always break on me so IM pretty familiar with repairing them but this ones got me stumped. my Jeep is a 95 yj full doors.

No luck yet? That really bites brother! If I had words of wisdom I would share them. I'm sure you've tried to manually release it from the inside?

Yea it's the clamps that hold the.door closed. must be some kind of release that's enclosed in the mechanism.

I might know what to do have someone stand on the out side of the door and pull on the handle while you pull on the inside handle try to pull at the same time let me know if that helps

The passenger door of my car is like that and I still havent been able to open it. My friends explorers drivers door also was like that, and a friend of his took the door panel off, that didnt work, so he some how unbolted the stricker post that the door latches to(I wasnt there, so I don,t know how he did this) and was able to open it that way, put the post back on then put a new handle on the door. dont know if that helps but worked on his explorer.

No luck I might just look for a new inner lock and strike post. And go to town on the door with a cutting wheel and a smile on my face. This has to be the most frustrating issue I have ever had with a vehicle.

Don't forget to send pics of the distruction, and the root of the problem.

After days and days of prying and lubing no luck. I got ****ed and cut the strike post off. Now the door opens. Going to have to use a bungee to keep her closed until I find some new door parts

mine has done the same thing twice.. I had to lean the seat forward, remove the door panel and pull the lock rod to unlock the door.. then do all your adjustments before closing it and trying it again.. my last try had the rod hooked up, but 1/16" throw adjustment needed, and wouldn't unlock.. so I used a screwdriver to pry the latch just enough to get that extra throw to unlock it.. I just won't lock that door.. I've decided I'm NOT taking the door panel off again..

Back