frame patching

88 MEAN GREEN

hey whats up guys, i have a big question i have a bad crack on my frame right in front of my rear tire, and i was wondering what would be the best way to fix i?

If it is just a crack and not rusted. I would just weld the crack shut. If you cant weld a shop can do it pretty cheap. Ive had shock mounts welded on($20) steering shafts welded on ($20) so I would say a crack would be about the same if its minor.

There's probably something else going on that you may not be seeing or didn't mention. A crack will come from flexing, you better get a good light and look it over really good. Do you have a pic? Is it in the area of the steering box?

Flatie is correct. Really look the whole thing over good. Just welding the crack shut isn't necessarily going to fix your problem, you need to drill a hole at the end of each crack, grind the crack to create v shape and then fill it in with weld.

I would be more concerned about it being rusted out.I would hit with a nice hammer or something to check the frame.Mine was "cracked" when we checked it was all rotted.Basically I need to replace the hole rear section of my frame.

Back