P1391 help

captjanes

code P1391 "Interm Loss Of CMP or CKP" i know it is cam and crank sensors.. my jeep spits and sputters and barely stays running. do anyone know the resistance on these sensors so i can test them? i had trouble with grounding on my jeep and i fixed a couple wires i just wants to make sure it is not wires before i go buying sensors. would this be problem with if the jeep got wet from rain?

Check the wires to the Crank Position Sensor where they pass by the intake and exhaust manifolds, they commonly get melted in this area. Also check the connector to the CPS as it often goes bad.

you should replace both at the same time and get new pigtails as they will be full of oil i work at a goodyear dealer and we see it all the time just fixed a p1391 last week and the pigtails we so oil soaked you could pull the wires out of it by hand Good Luck

i fixed the probelm i think.. i opened the plug connectors on both the cam and crank sensors sprayed with electrical contact cleaner and greased them and reinstalled and 200kms later still running fine so maybe i found problem.

Back