600cfm

RR14

Would a 600cfm 4bl carb be to much for a stock 89 4.2 other then 4" lift and 33's ?

As long as you re-gear it for the big tires it should be okay, but you may need to swap jets smaller (there's a kit for that) and I'd put in the offroad needle and seat kit. That almost doubled my off-road fuel economy.

Ha ha ha, thats what all my friends say about edelbrock, also.

Haha ya.. Well I a friend of mine has an edelbrock and a quadrajet so I'm sure I get it at a goo deal

What size jets would be okay?

As far as the re gear I'm waiting to get some money to get an 8.8 with the 4.10 gears

Jets all depends on the engine you have to tune it with a vaccum Guage

and you might have a hard time with off idle slow take offs. 600cfm is going to be kind of touchy on our little 6 cylinders since that is more for a good size v8 or a mild 5.0.

i have a 450 on my 4.5 and its perfect

Okay so I'll keep an eye out for. 390-450 spud like I will just be a whole lot less stress... All I k ow is that I've about had it with the carb on the jeep now.. Te jeep has been down more then its been running... I've had the thing for almost maybe just over a year and a half and have only put 600 miles on it. Took a while to get all the emissions parts together/found and to figure out how it all got hooked up (first time dealing with that kind of stuff). Then finally got it to pass emissions here in AZ with a huge improvement from when it failed the first time now it won't idle but if I rev it past 2000 it's fine.. It's always one step forward 10 steps back!! So frustrated with this jeep!!! End long rant lol

Okay so I'll keep an eye out for. 390-450 spud like I will just be a whole lot less stress...

Smartest thing you could do. I've owned a lot of carbed jeeps, the best running set up I ever had was a offenhouser (spelled wrong, I know) 4 bbl intake with a holley truck avenger470 cfm carb. It is a pricey set up, heck the cost is up near what a EFI system might be. After initial tunning, it ran like a top.

as mentioned, 600 CFM is just too much for the stock 4.2

Man I'd like to go EFI but I've got to wait, we are the don't spend a lot of money if we don't need it plan right now here at the house till we get the bills paid off almost there hah. So someday EFI will be done

Thats what i run, an offenhauser intake and holley 450. Runs great

Back