2006 wrangler shimmy

yellow jeep

My 2006 wrangler has a shimmy in the front end when I curve to the right. Any suggestions on what this could be? I had the front tires replaced, balanced, rotated, aligned. Was told it doesnt look like it could be tie rods, bearings, or stabalizer. I need help please:cry:

My 2006 wrangler has a shimmy in the front end when I curve to the right. Any suggestions on what this could be? I had the front tires replaced, balanced, rotated, aligned. Was told it doesnt look like it could be tie rods, bearings, or stabalizer. I need help please:cry:

Likely a tie rod end. Do a dry steering test to find all loose components.

Make sure your alignment is on.

Last edited:
I tend to think it could be the stabilizer. My dad and brother both had cherekee,s and a friend with a wrangler had issues and it was the stabilizer. My brother took his to a shop and they told him it was the stabilizer, replaced it and problem gone.

I tend to think it could be the stabilizer. My dad and brother both had cherekee,s and a friend with a wrangler had issues and it was the stabilizer. My brother took his to a shop and they told him it was the stabilizer, replaced it and problem gone.

If you look at what the steering stabilizer is there for it will not stop any vibration, only dampen it. Even if you put a stiff or dual stabilizer on over time the real issue will weaken the stabilizers until they fail. Then your back to the same issue.

Back