tps question

nutznky

I have a 00 tj with the 4.0. Awhile back my engine light came on. It stayed on for two days and went off on its own. About a week later it came on again but this time it was idling around 2000 rpm's and surging like crazy so i hooked a scanner up and it showed low voltage to the tps. I bought a new one from advance and changed it and it ran great for two weeks, no lights or problems at all. I was driving it today and the light flashed and it fast idled again. Pulled the codes and its showing low voltage to the tps again. I have heard that the sensors from the local parts stores are no good and i need to get an oem one from the stealership. Anybody else have any experience on this and what else should i check? Hate to buy a $100 dollar sensor that cant be returned and that not be the problem. Thanks in advance.

I have a 00 tj with the 4.0. Awhile back my engine light came on. It stayed on for two days and went off on its own. About a week later it came on again but this time it was idling around 2000 rpm's and surging like crazy so i hooked a scanner up and it showed low voltage to the tps. I bought a new one from advance and changed it and it ran great for two weeks, no lights or problems at all. I was driving it today and the light flashed and it fast idled again. Pulled the codes and its showing low voltage to the tps again. I have heard that the sensors from the local parts stores are no good and i need to get an oem one from the stealership. Anybody else have any experience on this and what else should i check? Hate to buy a $100 dollar sensor that cant be returned and that not be the problem. Thanks in advance.

Likely the same thing. There are many reports of them going bad quickly. Check the connections to the TPS. Look for damaged wiring. Measure your battery voltage as a low battery will cause problems overall. And check for vac leaks.

Back