Transmission fluid in my break fluid?

YellowJeepGuy

So I'm at home for a week or so because of having surgery. Well anyway I had a great idea of working on my jeep because I had nothing to do. Anyway while I was on painkillers I put transmission fluid where the break fluid would have gone. I mixed up the break fluid reservoir withe the power steering reservoir. What do I do? I only put about a cup in?

Flush the system! Did this to an old Chevy I had and ended up eating all seals in the break system.

Sometimes a flush is not enough when the brake fluid gets contaminated. If you have disconnected the lines from the proportioning valves right away then most of your concerns would be to replace the master cylinder. If the contamination sits there long enough, you will end up replacing any brake components that has a rubber seal and rubber hoses. you'll know when the component fails. The brake hose may become mushy and swell up and rupture in the worst case scenario. Calipers will lock up.

Sometimes a flush is not enough when the brake fluid gets contaminated. If you have disconnected the lines from the proportioning valves right away then most of your concerns would be to replace the master cylinder. If the contamination sits there long enough, you will end up replacing any brake components that has a rubber seal and rubber hoses. you'll know when the component fails. The brake hose may become mushy and swell up and rupture in the worst case scenario. Calipers will lock up.

It sat there for 5 minutes before I took a turkey paster and sucked up all the liquid.

Back