TJ Bumper on a YJ

jeepngeo

:) Just curious if anyone has and how difficult it would be to mount a TJ rear bumper on a YJ. Seems like there are a good many available on ebay. :cool: [addsig]

Why not? My current bumperettes are dented in and I am looking for a cost friendly replacement without having to put in another set of ettes.[addsig]

It bolts right up the YJ, perfect. Good replacement for the wimpy bumperettes, stronger but not as strong as a good solid bumper.

I went one further and installed my TJ bumper upside down for a better departure angle. The TJ bumper mounts slightly below the frame crossmember, so flipping it moves it up. You do have to cut off the two lowest mounts, that bolt underneath the frame, which weakens the bumper. These can be welded back on after it's flipped.[addsig]

I put a TJ bumper on my old YJ and it looked pretty good. The reason was similar, My bumperettes were all mangled and I could not afford a new bumper and the TJ bumper was given to me for 10 dollars so, what the hell, right Check out some pic of my old YJ at www.saybye.jeepz.com

Johnny[addsig]

:cool: :roll: Oh Yeah, nice pics of your backwards rolling jeep. Too bad about that but the TJ bumper looks pretty good on it. Hope you are having better luck with your e-brake.[addsig]

that happened about a year and a half ago, sucked. then I went out and bought the same exact YJ but a different color. every option is identical.

Good luck on ebay!

Johnny[addsig]

Back