2008 jk no power

williamsdk424

Need advice! My 08 jk with 3.8 suddenly has no power. Etc and esc lights on. No trouble codes. Runs awful. Thinking one of the sensors?

Remove the intake tube to the throttle body and look for obstructions in the body and blade. With the ignition off, manually move the throttle plate open and close with your fingers and see if it moves freely without binding. You'll feel a little resistance from the motor of the throttle body since it's a drive by wire throttle body. If that checks out ok , start the engine and see if the throttle plate moves. Also check the wirings and connectors to the motor of the throttle body and the pedal sensor. Turn the ignition on engine off, press the pedal slowly all the way to the floor and hold it down for 60secs then slowly release. Key off then key on and start the engine. If the ETC lamp shuts off, the relearn worked, if not, theres problems in the ETC motor or other electrical issues.

I have no idea what causes it. Most of the times its a hiccup from a low voltage charge on the battery and causes a lot of mayhem to the onboard computers.

Well, found connection on intake on drivers Sid front was not tight. Recently had intake gaskets replaced. As soon as I fixed that issue relearn immediately worked. Could this have been the problem?

Back