Ignition coil wiring connector

RobP

I'm a complete idiot but judging from how this connector was on, I'm sure that I'm not the first to do this. I was replacing the ignition coil on my '04 tj and broke the outer cover of the wiring harness while removing it from the old one. It seems to still make a pretty tight connection with the new ignition coil but I am woried that it will eventually vibrate itself loose and fall off. I see that I can buy a new connector but I'm just wondering if it's worth the trouble of undoing the mess of wires that are all bundled together to replace it or if it will just stay connected without that. I guess I'm just wondering if anyone has had either a positive or negative experience with this. Thanks in advance.

If it's the snap clip that has broken , it's best to look for a replacement . See if the HELP packages ( Dormans ) has one or you have to snip one off a junkyard vehicle. Just look for the same ignition coil which I believe can be found on any 4 or 6 cylinder ( 2.5 or 4.0 ) engine and splice it on to your wiring harness . You should solder and heat shrink but you can use butt splices . Just don't forget to slip the heat shrink on first . That a common fubar .

If it's the snap clip that has broken , it's best to look for a replacement . See if the HELP packages ( Dormans ) has one or you have to snip one off a junkyard vehicle. Just look for the same ignition coil which I believe can be found on any 4 or 6 cylinder ( 2.5 or 4.0 ) engine and splice it on to your wiring harness . You should solder and heat shrink but you can use butt splices . Just don't forget to slip the heat shrink on first . That a common fubar .

Yeah I'm trying to avoid doing any splicing. Id rather just replace the whole thing, wires and connectors. I dont want to have to assemble it.

You can't do that unless you wanna replace the entire wiring harness which is expensive. It's just a couple wires which is way easier. Get those butt connectors with shrink wrap over them. Crimp and heat them with a heat gun.

Back