2.5l to 4.0l throttle body conversion

jerzeydevll

I have a 95 wrangler 2.5 liter im looking to install a 4.0 liter throttle body, I've been reading ally but am honestly kinda confused what steps do I need to take to make this swap and what its effects will be ?

Make sure you use the IAC housing from the 2.4l this was the only hick up I had with the swap. Very strait forward take everything of the 2.4l tb and put it on the 4.0 unhook the battery for a hour or so to reset the computer and bam your done. Let me know if you run into Any issue I also have a 95 and did this swap look over my old thread.

im looking at a 96 cherokee tb im picking it up for $10 so if it doesnt work ill just chuck it,, but i have read that it would be a good idea to take a die grinder to the manifold the tb mounts to and open it up to match the new tb, any comments on this ?

im looking at a 96 cherokee tb im picking it up for $10 so if it doesnt work ill just chuck it,, but i have read that it would be a good idea to take a die grinder to the manifold the tb mounts to and open it up to match the new tb, any comments on this ?
The 2.5L manifold opening should match the 4.0L TB bore size.

You can use a '91-'04 throttle body but on the '96+ you will have to cap the vacuum port at the base of the throttle body where the MAP sensor attaches on the newer Jeeps.

I run a 62mm TB on my '95 2.5L YJ, the smooth bore greatly increases throttle response over the 4.0L TB. A person should grind out the intake opening if using the 62mm TB.

picked up a 99 and a 92 tb need to clean then both though and where can i get it bored out /

You can PM me as I sell the 62mm throttle bodies. Boring a stock throttle body to 62mm isn't easy. Once bored you also need a larger throttle plate and you have to enlarge the slot in the throttle shaft to fit the larger plate. Mine are professionally machined.

You can PM me as I sell the 62mm throttle bodies. Boring a stock throttle body to 62mm isn't easy. Once bored you also need a larger throttle plate and you have to enlarge the slot in the throttle shaft to fit the larger plate. Mine are professionally machined.
Hold throttle body on the vise. Rebore to 62 MM then cut new throttle disk/ plate to match it. Ele gate slot on the shaft to fit new plate. Anyone with a Bridgeport manual mill can do it in about half hr. at around $60 per shop labor cost it should be done for no more than $50.

So easy a caveman could do it?

Thanks for making it sound so easy. You know the throttle plate isn't round, right? Still think it takes under 30min to get that one right?

The throttle plate is elliptical. Anyone knows that ( even a cave man). If yo have any throttle bodies that you need to have done, take them apart, clean them and send them to me. I can do them for you for $50.00. I hate to tell you but I can cut a throttle p,ate on my Haas CNC mill in less than 45 seconds.... The difference between me and you or anyone else that sells stuff like that is that I am not a middle man. What ever I charge is mine. In other cases, if you have someone make them, you will have to pay them and then have to make a profit on them. So feel free to send them to me and I will do them for $50. Buck. Consider it as a offer or a challenge... Remember I have a full CNC machine shop. Actually, I might do one and make a video of it and post it here to prove the naysayers wrong. Hope you don't delete this post.....

The throttle plate is elliptical. Anyone knows that ( even a cave man). If yo have any throttle bodies that you need to have done, take them apart, clean them and send them to me. I can do them for you for $50.00. I hate to tell you but I can cut a throttle p,ate on my Haas CNC mill in less than 45 seconds.... The difference between me and you or anyone else that sells stuff like that is that I am not a middle man. What ever I charge is mine. In other cases, if you have someone make them, you will have to pay them and then have to make a profit on them. So feel free to send them to me and I will do them for $50. Buck. Consider it as a offer or a challenge... Remember I have a full CNC machine shop. Actually, I might do one and make a video of it and post it here to prove the naysayers wrong. Hope you don't delete this post.....
Hey ghostrider are you still cncing throttle bodies? I have 97 tj 2.5. Im looking to get the bigger one for mine...

just got back to working in the shop. it has been a while…. My father got hit with Alzheimer's disease and it took all of us to be able to take care of him. He just passed away two weeks ago and we are still trying to get over it. Now my mom is a mess since she misses my Dad. I will keep you posted when i will start working in the shop again… perhaps in few more weeks...

just got back to working in the shop. it has been a while…. My father got hit with Alzheimer's disease and it took all of us to be able to take care of him. He just passed away two weeks ago and we are still trying to get over it. Now my mom is a mess since she misses my Dad. I will keep you posted when i will start working in the shop again… perhaps in few more weeks...
Our deepest condolences for your loss . Family first brother , Jeepz.com will always be here for you .

Back