Finalizing the wiring on the contour fan and have a question

Turbogus

Hey Gang,
Finally I'm on the threshhold of wiring in that Ford PDB, finishing the Contour fan setup and generally cleaning up the underhood wiring. I've collected posts about the wiring of those fans for a couple of years now and thought I had it all figured out...
Then last night while sleeping I had a dream brainwave.
I've been concerned with running that 70 amp relay so when the fans come on together they don't cook the relays, however I'm wiring these fans independantly with their own fuses, relays and wiring. Therefore this eliminates the overamp issue doesn't it?
As you may have seen from my posts I've already prepared relays, sockets and wiring for that 70 amp relay but now I'm thinking it's all for naught.

So......... Do you have three relays? One main 70 amp and two branch relays off of that? I'm trying to grasp what you have there? I can't say I recall all of your previous posts, but you're running two fans; one pushes and the other pulls? If so, are they independent of each other? Would they both run at the same time? Are they staggered run times? Are they interlocked in someway?

Back