Transmission Shifting Wrong - Check engine codes displayed

Lonestar

Hey guys I need a little help. I have a 97 4.0 auto transmission and the check engine light went on. The code's read
P0700 - Transmission control system Malfunction
P0705 - Transmission Range Sensor Circuit Malfunction (PRNDL Input)
P0753 - Gear 5 Incorect Ratio

When I drive it it seems like it is enguaging the transmision at the wrong times and has a hrd time shifting into OD on the Hwy.

Any suggestions... Need more info?

Thanks

[addsig]

Any help? Also to add to my problem. I just overheated on the way back from lunch.... First time Ever. My guess is that the transmission is overworking the engine? or maybe another problem...[addsig]

The transmission overheating could transfer a lot of heat to the radiator. Your problem is over my head. I know more about manuals :-? [addsig]

The first 2 codes can either be a wiring or controller problem. That last one indicates slippage in the commanded gear. I would chase the first 2 and hope the transmission lived. Check all your wiring to the trans. And controller. I can look up a diag chart when I get home tommorow

Good info!

Hopefully he didn't have to wait until today to get these answers. Nearly nine years.

Oh wow. Oopps. Lol. Just looked at the date. Gotta pay more attention to that lol. I only check on my phone donut only shows the recent updates lol.

Back