TJ starter?

I messed mine up and took it apart and cleaned it but still no good. I was hoping if anyone had some tips or tricks or knew of a place that I could by one. It's a 2000 jeep wrangler.

Thank you

Your favorite local auto parts store will have one. Most any auto junk yard would have one too. The same starter fits many years and models.

local auto store. Or you could see if the brushes are replaceable. I put new brushes in my starter when it went out, they were only 5.00, a lot cheaper then a new starter. My starter has worked great since it got new brushes. May be more wrong with your starter then just the brushes though.

69jeep cj THANKS! I'll definitely look into the new brushes thing. If you have any sites you can throw my way that would be greatly appreciated and if it doesnt work its only $5.

STEADY.FOOT:
Do you know exactly if all of them would work? Like can i pull the starter off my 95 jeep and use that? or what exactly am i limited to?

And i know i can buy one at the auto parts store but i was hoping to find some cheaper way. All i can find online is running$150 for the starter :(

No i don't know if they all will fit. What i was refering to was that the used outo parts yard will know. I do believe that the 95 will fit the 2000 as long as you have the same engine in both.

WOW! I don't know what happened when I tried to post the above pic. google "starter brushes for jeep wrangler" and several sites will come up. I found the above on JCwhitneys site, a bit more than 5.00 though, mine was for a 1st gen sbc so maybe that's why mine were a bit cheaper. the brushes were simple to replace, I bet from pulling the starter, replacing the brushes and reinstalling the starter was less than 30-min and I had never taken a starter apart before. You local auto store would probably have them.

Back