What type of top is this?

TerryMason

Administrator
Staff member
I noticed this jeep at the gas station, and I liked the look of the top. It appears to be frameless, although I didn't see too closely.

ForumRunner_20130709_184114.png

My guess, considering the fastback look and the large windows, would be a framless top; california tops used to make one, and so did Viking. I think now you can only get them from Rampage and eBay (I could be wrong)

I like the look of the top, especially the large window, but after watching this video it looks like alot more work to get totally on and off:

I'm not very happy with the quality of my Bestop replace-a-top, and i'll probably buy a new one before too long. I just want a good top with thick windows that aren't wavy.

Could be a rampage top. They're frameless with a two layer roof that the side and back windows fit in between when you zip them out. That way they're always with you if it rains but out of the way...

softopper makes a frameless also. not hard to put on or off, after the initial installation. and still has the storage compartment beneath the top to hold the windows when you have them off.

i love mine and am still waiting to hear if the ladies insurance next door is going to cover it getting melted from that fire.

Back