Just brought a jeep rubicon

Nestor

Had a 2 door 2011 rubicon just trade it to a 4 doors rubicon call of Duty same year still in warranty .notice That has a small vibration in slow speed after 50 it goes away .Can any you help me, thank

How slow? Tires and wheels are a good place to look. Check the balance or you could have a tire out of round. If that's not it, I'd look at possibly u joints. Tires are more likely on one that new unles it's been wrecked. Congrads by the way, love to have a Rubicon myself...maybe some day.

I would say what Flatie mentioned.....if by any chance it had been wrecked, I had a buddy who bought a salvaged Rubicon and had the same issue not to mention having to replace cracked control arm mounts.

Given you purchased a used one though, it could be tire balance and it could be the ball joints as Flatie addressed. Also check out your drag link by having someone slowing turning your steering wheel left to right while you watch for any movement at the joint ends. If the vibration is actually a light "shaking", check your track bars and torque along with control arms.

But whatever you do, look into the vibration first. I have known guys who went out and bought beefier steering stabilizers and "dual stabilizer" kits to settle the vibrations/steering and all you are doing is masking the issue.

I will check the tires they look ok only has 13,000 miles hope are the balance,thanks for you reply

Thank for your help will look in all detail you mention .

Back