vent flow?

PretorDepot

So I just noticed that my vents only push air when I turn the knob to max whether it be a/c, heat or just air. Nothing comes out on any of the lower 3 settings. Does anyone know what would cause that? I assumed a fuse, but them thought that a fuse would control all the settings and not just max. I thought maybe a short, but then the same thinking of why would it work in max every time and not randomly. Any suggestions would be appreciated. We have had a ton of rain and my vents usually collect some of it and then deposit it in my passenger floor board.

There is a blower motor resistor somewhere on the fan case (usually). Replace it. Hi is no resistance so it always works fine on hi, in all car models, when that resistor goes out

Be sure to check your wiring on the back of your AC controls. Mine was doing the same thing. The wiring was melted in the plug. Appear entry that is a common issue.

Likely the resistor as mentioned. Both TJ and YJ resistors are behind the glovebox and in the duct..

What year jeep? I couldn't see.

And yes autocorrect stinks. especially when it does it in the Map app on a smart phone you use as a GPS.

Its an 06 TJ. I just picked up the resistor and am gonna replace it as soon as I get home from the gun store. Thanks for all the help.

As an update, the resistor was the problem. It was tight getting back to it. The wiring harness was a pain to disconnect. Once I got the old one out is was easy. Thanks for the help forum friends.

As an update, the resistor was the problem. It was tight getting back to it. The wiring harness was a pain to disconnect. Once I got the old one out is was easy. Thanks for the help forum friends.

I remove the resistor with wiring then remove wire from resistor. Seems easier.

Back