1982 cj7 value

meathead

I have almost completed the restoration on my 1982 cj7 and family is growing and i need to sell. I have no idea how to price it for sale. I see a lot of them going very high. Does anyone have an idea from list of items that I have done below? (and not everything but the major things)
I have replaced the tub with a fiber glass one from 4wd, custom paint , 3 inch lift from pro-comp, transmission and transfer case rebuilt with only 5000 miles, new brake cylinders, pads,master cylinder , new clutch cylinder, advanced adapters bell house, new clutch disk, 3 core Aluminum radiator, stainless steel hinges and body guards , painless wiring harness, all new gauges, and instrument lights, carpet, back seat, steering box, 33x12.5 mud terrain tires , and chevy 283 with rochester 2 barrel carb ,electric fuel pump, fuel pressure regulator, 100 amp alternator, best top denim top 2 yrs old, spend most of the time parked inside and clean seldom in the woods ,

Not to sound cynical but it's only worth what someone will pay and you'll never get your money back out of the upgrades. That out of the way I've watched a few cj7's in my area on craigslist, one redone pretty close to what you describe but with just rebuilding the 6 cylinder was priced firm at 6k and never sold. A couple were priced around 10k and they sold when the price dropped in the 6-7k range. So you can start high and hope for the best.

Pics are worth a thousand words. I would start in the 10k range and see what happens, round here there isn't many cj,s and the prices are high, Your in WV so your in the rust belt too and would guess cj,s are kinda hard to find there as well. Only thing I see hurting a high priced sell is the fiberglass body, just seems they don't go as high as steel bodies. It would be easier to guess with a pic or two though.

Back