climate control knob?

RudeDog

I'm talking about the knob to the far right that selects AC, air flow to: vents, floor, defroster. My failed (cracked) today and so would just free spin on the shaft. This happen to anyone else? common???

In time the plastic breaks and metal sleeve can't hold the tension and it will just spin. It's under 5 bucks from a dealer.

Yea mine did the same thing. It happened when everything was closed and I was leaving for out of town. What I did was I machined up a little aluminum ring that went around the stem. It tightened it up and all was good. I was able to keep the factory knob so they all match. Probably overkill, but it worked.

Got a new knob at the dealer.Cost was $7.02 plus tax here. It had a metal sleeve inside it and didn't want to go on the shaft. I took the sleeve out and it then slid onto the shaft. Seeks to work. Maybe the sleeve is so it will fit another year-model with a slightly smaller shaft???

That metal sleeve was from the old knob you took off. The new one should have one around the plastic mold already. It's part of the reinforcement design for what it's worth.

I checked the new know over before trying to put it on and that's when I saw the sleeve on the inside of the new knob??? As I mentioned, guessing its a reduction deal so it can be used on a (skinnier) shaft-application?

Back