I've finally fixed my steering wobble - M.O.R.E steering riser bracket

TerryMason

Administrator
Staff member
After about 2 years of wobbly steering I've finally fixed my problem. The answer was the More 1" steering riser bracket. The worst part is that I bought it over a year ago but never got around to installing it.

The problem:
I installed a 1.25" JKS body lift on my Jeep at about the same time I did a 2.5" suspension lift. Ever since I've had a bit of a wobble on the interstate, especially when hitting bumps at speed. It would feel like the front tires would shake, and I could feel it in the steering wheel. I've replace ball joints, control arms, and had it aligned 4 or 5 times - always thinking that the problem was somewhere in my suspension setup.

The solution:
This simple bracket that raises up the steering shaft:
Jeep 1" Steering Riser Bracket from Mountain Off-Road (M.O.R.E.)
It is a pretty simple install, and works great. My Jeep now drives like stock and feels 100% better on the highway.

Here's the angle on the stock bracket

IMG_3010_wrangler-more-steering-riser.JPG

And the angle of the new bracket:

IMG_3030_wrangler-more-steering-riser.JPG

The stock bracket versus the 1" lift bracket:

IMG_3029_wrangler-more-steering-riser.JPG

So, if you've got a body lift and some wobbly / floaty felling steering, you may want to give this a try.

I'm surprised that a steering riser wasn't included with the body lift. I have a zone 1.25" body lift ( that I haven't gotten around to putting on yet) and it included a steering riser. Glad you got it fixed tho.

Back