4bt or 6bt swap

It'll be a little of both for now untill I get something new for my dd its kind of like a toy. But iv always liked the diesels and to have a diesel in a jeep is the best of both worlds. I was looking at diesel trucks but went with a jeep and found out about the diesel swaps and wanted to know more. Plus all the power you can get with a diesel and they last a lot longer.

I got to see a 6bt swap in person last nite...it was impressive! But this is truly a case of if you have to ask you can't do it, this kid has put A LOT of thought into this project, and he's far from done. Next on his list is a custom over built frame and a custom lengthened fiberglass front end (stretched by 3"). Also he's planning on Rockwell 2.5 ton axle upgrade to survive the engine (he's running a hp 44 front 60 rear right now). So it is possible but unrealistic if your Jeep is to still be a driver.

Get your hands on Jeep's new 3.0L v6 EcoDiesel manufactured by VM Motori. One hell of an engine. We ordered one in a '14 Grand Cherokee and it's due in next week.
Inside The Banks VM Motori 3.0L 630T V6 Diesel Engine - Diesel Power Magazine

sigpic40280_1-1.gif

They are finally coming with diesels from the dealership?!?! That's awesome tho ill look into that. Tell me how it is.

I'm not much on diesels myself but I do like the '83 Jeep Scrambler for sale on ebay that has the built turbo 4bt, on '42's with a bunch of other goodies. I'd post the link but I don't know how. Check it out though it's awesome! Says it'll play all day in the mud then easily run down the highway at 70mph all while getting 18-20MPG.

The T in 4BT means turbo. A better swap would be a Nissan SD33T or find a Toyota 2LT, 3L or 5L (not LE!) with the 5 speed bell and swap in an AX-15. (there is also a version of the AW4)

Back