05 TJ cracking split loom

ROGLSTUBB

I am just curious if any other Jeep owners with similar years have a problem with the split loom cracking everywhere under the hood

Attachments

• image-920329074.jpg
    image-920329074.jpg
    475.5 KB · Views: 237
  • image-1194375142.jpg
    image-1194375142.jpg
    497 KB · Views: 224

I do on my 99, it just gets old and brittle just like everything else...

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using Jeepz

Just looked and no cracking like what your pic's show is on my '05 TJ's plastic wiring covers. Still flexible and no signs of brittleness. My TJ has 69k mi and has been in FL for about the last 3 years. Before that, it was iin IL since it was new. Maybe your more severe weather in OK contributes to your problem. Also, since I just got this TJ a couple of weeks ago, its possible that mine have been replaced by a prior owner.

We won't blame it on that Monster cable , will we ? Lol . Age does do this , agreed . But I still cannot understand why some areas you get this and others you won't. I remember a car that began life in Florida and relocated to New York had the same experience . Atmosphere ?
Arrived clean but slowly decayed like other autos here . My inquiring mind wants to know too .

When I get a chance Ill post a pic. Looking from below up the driver side engine bay just above the intake and exhaust my loom was melted and dried out. Likely due to the heat when the mini cats were going.

Back