CJ hard door, latches an locks?

flatie46

I bought anthor Scrambler, it's an 82 one owner that's pretty close to the way it came. I will take and post pics soon, been kinda crazy getting Christmas stuff done an so forth. Anyway I noticed the inside door handles are missing the cover that go around it, I thought no big deal I've got at least one spare in my hoarded up mess maybe 2. Upon further inspection these arent like all the ones I've seen before. The inside handles on my 81 are counter sunk into the door and have the inside lock button right above the handle. These on this 82 stick out and have no inside lock that I can see. With no inside lock button how could you lock it from the inside? Does anyone have this type of setup? I know a pic would help, try to post one soon.

I could make a trip back to see the guy I got it from, maybe he's changed it some how...

I don't think it came that way from the factory. My dad bought a brand new jeep c-7 in 82, that's the one I learned to drive in. I cant remember if the inside handles were counter sunk or not but it "DID" have locks. Maybe the handles or the whole door its self have been replaced. Dads 82 definitely had locks, and I would think the 82 scrambler would have also.

My daughter in law will be over soon, I'll get her to take a pic. I shoulda asked the guy but I had worn him out with questions about the whole Jeep in general. He was a great guy, filled it up with gas before I came to pick it up. I almost think they're mounted wrong but it still doesn't explane what happend to the inside lock button. It was painted several years back, maybe something happened then. He did say it had never been wrecked.

Back