? makes/models seats fit in 70s CJ7?

hoobness

Hi. Still rebuilding my 78 cj7, and am looking to replace the bench seat for some buckets up front.

I'm wondering what ....known makes and models... of cars or trucks have good fitting front seats to pull from a junkyard or buy on craigslist.

Any advice would be great!

Thank you.

Hi. Still rebuilding my 78 cj7, and am looking to replace the bench seat for some buckets up front.

I'm wondering what ....known makes and models... of cars or trucks have good fitting front seats to pull from a junkyard or buy on craigslist.

Any advice would be great!

Thank you.

Other than CJ bucket seats, Im not certain because of the trans tunnel. Here in MD, Craigslists is filled with CJ style seats. You said you have a front bench seat? I've never seen that in a CJ7? Is it a 60/40 style split? If so, you may have a bench out of a early CJ5 or Tuxedo Park model...... It may be worth something to someone looking for a bench seat for a restore. Maybe worth your time to research want you have, I know guys that have paid big bucks for the 60/40 split seats- enough to cover two new seats for yours.

No other seat that I am aware of will fit your factory seat brackets other than jeep seats. You can get other seats from the junk yard that will work with some modification. The ones I look for usually come from small cars with thinner seats, (the thicker the seat, the higher you sit) I then make a plate, drill the holes and bolt it to the seat, then place the seat on your seat frame, mark the plate, drill the holes and mount the plate and seat to you seat bracket.

Back