Should I upgrade?

PretorDepot

I have a 4" short arm skyjacker lift on my 06 TJ. Is has been on it for 75000 miles or since 2007 whichever way you wanna look at it. As it stands, my jeep fits my needs nicely, but I always wished I had gone with a long arm lift instead of the short. I am sure at some point I will need to replace shocks etc. My question is since I now have the funds, should I upgrade to a long arm or just maintain what I have? I don't want to do it just to do it, so please give me some feedback as to why you think one way or another. Thanks

Are you unhappy with your short arm, or want to go higher? I say stick with what works.

Does it preform good for you? Is it just for looks or do you take it off road (not judging, just inquiring). Long arm does provide a better ride but I wouldn't spend that kind of money just because of the ride quality. It does flex better but if that isn't an issue don't mess with it. Where are you going with the build/what do you want it to be? Build for the final idea, try not to upgrade things that you're going to replace later on... I know how ideas of what you want change over time.

Last edited:
I'm never unhappy with my 'short arm' :shades: those of us that were in the service get the joke

Back