Suggestions for OEM style replacement seats. '87 YJ

duckkillerclyde

Looking for replacement front seats. Maybe something a little more comfortable than my old broken down ones.

Driver side is in need of a recovering and I went online to look at covers and got to thinking that maybe I should replace the seat with something a little better. Also, I don't want to spend very much. I know, cheap and comfortable is probably unlikely. Not looking for anything fancy since it's just a daily driver. I don't need 5 point harness racing seats. Just something so my back doesn't hurt as bad and depending on price, I might get mama one for her side too.

Jeep YJ Replacement Front Seats (87-95 Wrangler) | Free Shipping

Seems like they are all for newer model than what I have so I'm not sure if they'll work or not.

Let me know what you guys have tried!

Hey for what it's worth, I have the Bestop TrailMax High-back fixed position seats for my CJ7 that are about half way down on the link you posted. They are good on the comfort side and will mount up to your factory pedestals and sliders (of you have them). I believe these seats ( at least the one I was in) are the reason I walked away from being rear ended while at a complete stop by a car moving at 55 mph with only minor injuries. That Jeep was totaled but when I parted it out, I kept the seats for my current project.

Hey for what it's worth, I have the Bestop TrailMax High-back fixed position seats for my CJ7 that are about half way down on the link you posted. They are good on the comfort side and will mount up to your factory pedestals and sliders (of you have them). I believe these seats ( at least the one I was in) are the reason I walked away from being rear ended while at a complete stop by a car moving at 55 mph with only minor injuries. That Jeep was totaled but when I parted it out, I kept the seats for my current project.

GOOD NIGHT!! If I bought two of those it would add up to 1/4 the price of what I paid for the entire Jeep!

I'm sure they're good seats but they're out of my price range my what I'm doing with them. I appreciate the suggestion though.

Am I even looking in the right spot for seats? Is there a 'better' or cheaper priced place to get them? I'm pretty much stuck on getting them online as I'm too lazy to go anyplace to buy them directly......even though I should to see if they're comfortable for me, but I won't go.

Am I even looking in the right spot for seats? Is there a 'better' or cheaper priced place to get them? I'm pretty much stuck on getting them online as I'm too lazy to go anyplace to buy them directly......even though I should to see if they're comfortable for me, but I won't go.

Craigslist???????? I understand about the cost of the Bestop seats. They came with the 85 CJ I bought three years ago. In addition to seeing a lot of car accidents in my career, I can tell you that the driver of the striking vehicle had to be cut out of her car. I simply came too, unbuckled myself and talked away. Well, that and sat down and cried as the tow truck loaded up my Jeep.

Google jeep seat swaps. Chevy cavalier seats are almost drop in, or drop in and people love them

Craigslist???????? I understand about the cost of the Bestop seats. They came with the 85 CJ I bought three years ago. In addition to seeing a lot of car accidents in my career, I can tell you that the driver of the striking vehicle had to be cut out of her car. I simply came too, unbuckled myself and talked away. Well, that and sat down and cried as the tow truck loaded up my Jeep.

Nothing but junk on Creepslist in my area. If I have to drive very far to get used seats, I should have just bought new seats with free shipping. Thanks for the input. It's appreciated.

Seats from a fox body mustang is an almost 100% direct bolt in and can be found dirt cheap since they have not made the car since 93. I have heard also 80's-early90's cougar and t-bird seat will swap but the electronics can be a PITA.

Back