New jeep owner

Wafi

Hello guys, just I got my self a jeep wrangler sport 2008 2doors, I am very happy with it, I got it second hand car and it's 128,000 km any way this is my first car and quite very happy with it I need your support guys to guide me regarding the parts and what ever maintenance will be, my first question the mechanic told me that I need to change the Oxygen sensors I'm living in Dubai and those mechanics here like Mosquitos as long you have nice ride they will steal you some how, any why what is that part do ???!!!!

The O2 sensors monitor the exhaust gasses and help set the timing, fuel deliver ect ect.. As long as your new jeep isn't showing a code, I.E. the orange engine light on your dash as you drive. you don't need to change anything. The on board computer will tell you if one is faulty . A Simple OBDII code reader will tell you which one. A careful read on line about your on-board diagnostics and how to use a OBDII scanner tool will you know if these "mechanics" are telling you the truth.
Just a note, I have only had to replace 1 since I bought my 2001.

A lot of jeeps are California compliant and have 4 O2 sensors on them. They are not hard to change. There is a socket you can get at any auto parts store that makes it easier. Most auto parts stores will read the code for you and get you the right part. I changed mine on my 06 TJ in no time.

Back