Tie rod on TJ

glazierkrush

Needing some help on what brand I need to go with, on new tie rod kits. My jeep is lifted 4' and still have the stock tie rod and the ends are shot. The rods itself do not look a bit messed up or bent. If you could give me some advice it would be greatly appreciated.

-Jared

Well in that case you're mainly looking at a stock replacement draglink, and you could pick up a heavy duty tie rod with ends from rustys offroad. At that height especially if you wheel it you'd be better off with something like Currie's correct link ($450ish) or quadratec sells an inverted "t" state setup for $275ish that looks like it would be an improvement (I'm going that way myself when my stuff wears out).

If you replace with stock tie rod ends, they will probably last a year or two. After markets are beefier but priceier too. I use moog stock replacments.

I went with the Currie front tie rods and they seem to fit right and do the job well. They are really beefy, and make my Dana 30 front axle look almost like a twig! They were probably overkill on my Jeep, but the price was right at the time so I went for it.

Moog from rock auto . Com.

Moog is better than stock and recommended by many.

Last edited:
Moog, moooooog

Moogie moooog

0-1.jpg

Back